About this course
The cleaning industry covers a diverse range of environments and skills, from laundry and domestic cleaning to commercial and specialised services. This varied industry employs around one million people in the UK and continues to grow across all sectors. Have you ever thought about pursuing a career in the cleaning industry, or simply want to gain a more thorough understanding of this fundamental skill to apply to your own situation at home or in
Have you ever thought about pursuing a career in the cleaning industry, or simply want to gain amore thorough understanding of this fundamental skill to apply to your own situation at home or in the workplace? This qualification provides you with vital knowledge of the main principles and skills of cleaning that can be used across a range of environments.
Anyone with an interest in the processes of cleaning, both domestically and professionally. Gaining an understanding of the basic principles of cleanliness, hygiene and waste management will allow you to make informed cleaning decisions and enable you to open the doors to a new career or progress within a current role.
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units, covering the following topics:
- Unit 1: Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Unit 2: Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 3: Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 4: Infection control, RIDDOR and COSHH in cleaning settings
- Unit 5: Principles of decontamination, cleaning andnwaste management
- Unit 6: Cleaning of interiors and washrooms. (Unit 6 includes witness observations.)
- Gain a nationally recognised qualifi cation
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study
- On average, the course should only take between 12 –16 weeks to complete
- Personal tutors are assigned to you, to ensure you have the necessary support needed to be successful.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and customer service advisor.