About this course
Common mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression and stress affect one in four people in the UK every year. These mental health issues are more common than you think, and it is important that people are aware of different mental health conditions, so that they can be recognised and responded to appropriately. By studying this course, learners will increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health, and develop skills which will enable them to progress into a career in the health and social care sector.
The course equips learners with an introductory level of knowledge and understanding in relation to mental health issues. Learners will look at what mental health means, the effects mental health can have on individuals and on society, the current responses to mental health and the relationship between cultural diversity and mental health issues
This course is ideal for learners who wish to gain a basic knowledge of mental health and the effects it can have on both individuals and society. Anyone who currently works in health and social care settings would benefit from this course, as well as those who would like to raise their awareness of mental health for personal reasons. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
What you will learn
This course contains one unit which is split into manageable sections:
- Section 1: What is meant by mental health
- Section 2: The social and personal effects of mental ill health
- Section 3: The responses to mental health issues
- Section 4: Cultural diversity in relation to mental health issues.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor.
This course is available online.