About this course
Many people find it helpful and empowering to seek the support of counselling at some point in their lives. People in any situation could benefit from counselling, and those with the correct understanding, knowledge and skills can provide them with support to improve personal well-being. This qualifi cation focusses on key counselling skills to enable you to provide support wherever it is required. The course provides you with an understanding of various theoretical approaches, as well as covering the importance of a counselling relationship and helpful interaction techniques.
This course does not qualify you to practice as a counsellor, but is suitable for those who wish to increase their understanding of counselling skills and techniques in order to engage in helpful interaction appropriately. You could use this knowledge to complement an existing role, or as a basis for continued study to attain a qualifi cation in this sector
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Using counselling skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your counselling skills to help you create along-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowingyou to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.