About this course
An understanding of how to effectively prevent and control the spread of infection is crucial in ensuring that individuals do not unknowingly cause their family, friends, colleagues, and any other people that they come into contact with, to become unwell.
By completing this course, learners will be equipped with a greater understanding of how to prevent and control the spread of infection in the workplace, and this can also be applied in their personal life. Learners will also gain knowledge of how to identify infections as well as the different types of infection.
This course is ideal for anyone who wishes to gain an understanding of how to prevent and control the spread of infection in both the workplace and their personal life. Anyone over the age of 16 can benefit from completing this course, as the content is generic and not aimed at any specific job sector
What you will learn
This course is split into three manageable units:
- Unit 1: Causes and spread of infection (8 questions)
- Unit 2: The principles of infection prevention and control (18 questions)
- Unit 3: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management (10 questions
- Establish an understanding of infection prevention and control methods
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development.
Studying via distance learning means that you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a Learner Support Advisor (LSA). This course is only available fully online.