About this course
The HSE reports that lifting, handling and carrying accounts for 19% of non-fatal injuries in the workplace. That is nearly a quarter of injuries, making it vital that manual handling safety is improved, particularly in environments such as warehouses where manual handling and the moving of heavy goods occurs daily. This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of a variety of warehouse processes, including manual handling, stock checks, processing orders, storage and packaging of goods and assembling for dispatch. They will also look in detail at the customer service process and how it can impact an organisation.
What you will learn
This course is split into three manageable units:
- Unit 1: Health and safety requirements in a warehousing environment
- Unit 2: The principles of warehousing goods
- Unit 3: The process of stock checking and preparing goods for dispatch
- Unit 4: The importance of customer service in a warehousing environment
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the industry or business sector
- Courses are delivered via distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Increase your awareness and knowledge of the hazards, risks and processes associated with a warehouse environment
- Engaging and interactive activities that stretch learners’ thinking and help put their new, extended knowledge into practice
- Study will develop learners’ knowledge, skills and confidence to enhance their future work and life.
Studying via distance learning means that you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a Learner Support Advisor (LSA). This course is only available fully online.