About this course
The purpose of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and Safeguarding, including online safety. The qualification looks at the Prevent Duty, understanding why it exists and what your roles and responsibilities are in relation to it. You will understand the terms ‘radicalisation’, ‘extremism’ and ‘terrorism’, and how to reduce the risk of radicalisation. By completing the qualification, you will develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where they have a duty of care.
What you will learn
- Understanding the Prevent Duty Understanding Safeguarding Understanding Online Safety
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
This course is 12 weeks long.