London Skills for Growth achieved an Ofsted grade of Good when it was inspected by Ofsted in December 2017. Read the full report here.
- Overall Effectiveness: Good ✔
- Effectiveness of leadership and management: Good ✔
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: Good ✔
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Good ✔
- Outcomes for learners: Good ✔
- Apprenticeships: Good ✔
- Traineeships: Good ✔
Summary of key findings
- Teaching, learning and assessment are good.
- Senior leaders have an ambitious improvement strategy and have ensured that staff are committed to it.
- The board of trustees has taken bold and effective steps to strengthen its partnership with a local group of colleges. In doing so, leaders and manager shave secured the long-term future of the organisation
- Staff have developed effective partnerships with local employers to offer a wide range of meaningful work experience opportunities matched to the career choices of learners.
- Leaders and managers work well with partners to develop courses that meet the needs of learners. They provide apprenticeships in subjects, such as childcare, where there is a high demand locally.
- Senior leaders, managers and staff hold high ambitions for their learners. As a result learners develop the skills needed to be successful on their courses.
- Apprentices in hairdressing develop good technical skills and in childcare understand the stages of child development. As a result, apprentices are asked by their employers to take on additional responsibility in their workplaces.
- The proportion of apprentices achieving their qualification is now high.